10 Tips To Reduces Allergy & Asthma
Allergy and asthma control begins at home. Many people with allergies stay indoors when outdoor air is full of pollen and spores. But dust mites, animal dander and even cockroaches can cause problems indoors.
It is important to control the air quality at home and office to reduce allergy and asthma symptoms. Allergens are substances which can cause allergic reactions and trigger asthma symptoms in some people. Allergen particles are transported by air and sticks to furniture, carpet, sofa, upholstery and floor surfaces. Sizes of allergens can vary and measured in microns. Types of allergens such as dust mites, pollen and cockroach debris are larger and fly on the air more quickly than molds or animal allergens.
People who have house pets such as cats and dogs are highly exposed to the dangers of allergens.
Controlling the air quality in your home, office and car can reduce allergy and asthma symptoms.
Steps in improving air-quality at home and office:
- Remove source of allergens such as over stuffed furniture, non-encased mattresses, pillows and boxes.
- Increase circulation of outdoor air into the home and reduce the humidity.
- Turning on the air conditioners helps to reduce the humidity and helps to prevent the exposure of outdoor allergens.
- Engage professional rug carpet cleaners or office carpet cleaners to do steam extraction carpet cleaning every once a year or 6 months once.
- Vacuum once or twice weekly. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter or special double filter bags if possible. If you have allergies, wear a dust mask while doing housework.
- Keep doors and windows closed to prevent outdoor allergens entering.
- Engage professional sofa or upholstery cleaners to do steam extraction cleaning for fabric sofas or upholstery.
- Prevent mold spores by reducing moisture in the toilet. Dehumidifiers will help reduce both mold and dust mites.
- Engage professional mattress cleaners every 6 months or yearly once to do dust mites busting and steam extraction cleaning.
- Control cockroaches.Do not leave food or garbage uncovered.